1. What bill do you hate paying the most?
My phone bill. I have been with Vodafone for nearly a decade now, and although there are other providers who are much cheaper, I stick to Vodafone because I am that kind of a person – I hate change. So, everytime I see my monthly bill, I hate myself for paying so much more than I would had I been on other services like Jio, which is obscenely cheap.
2. When was the last time you had a romantic dinner?
When I was dating perhaps. We frequently have lovely dinners at home though. Yesterday, for example, I made a four course dinner and apple pie for dessert. Nothing more romantic than apple pie.
3. What do you really want to be doing?
I was writing a very interesting proposal before I got distracted by wordpress. I want to go back to that once I post this one.
4. How many colleges did you attend?
Three. WCC, IIT and Syracuse University.
5. Why did you choose the shirt you have on?
This was at the top in my cupboard.
6. Thoughts on gas prices?
Petrol, we call it petrol.
Could be at least a hundred bucks cheaper per litre. But given the downward slope of the Hubbard’s peak, this price is inevitable.
7. First thought when the alarm goes off in the morning?
How idiotic my new year resolution of “no profanities” actually is.
8. Last thought you have before you go to bed?
I hope I can wake up early tomorrow. It seldom happens.
9. Do you miss being a child?
NO. The forties are much better than any of my previous decades have been. I am more at ease with myself, think I know what I am doing, and doing the best I can.
10. What errand/chore do you despise the most?
Deciding what to cook. The daily routine cooking.
11. Up early or sleep in?
I’d love to be up early, but am pathologically incapable of it.
12. Pet’s names?
I’d rather not disclose my husband’s and child’s names in this blog.
13. Favorite lunch meat?
14. What do you get every time at Wal-Mart?
No Wal-Mart in India.
15. Beach or lake?
Beach. And lake.
16. Is marriage overrated?
Yes. As is parenting.
17. Ever crashed your vehicle?
Yes. I once had a pretty big accident in the US, and my vehicle was totalled. It was not my fault though, so insurance covered it fully.
18. Strangest place you’ve brushed your teeth?
I thought everyone brushes teeth in their mouth. No?
19. Somewhere you’ve never been but want to go?
20. At this point in your life would you want to start a new career?
21. How old are you?
22. Do you have a go to person?
Yes, four friends (two from kindergarten, and two from adulthood) and a cousin.
23. Are you where you want to be in life?
24. Growing up what were your favorite cartoons?
We only had the rare Disney mickey mouse cartoons and more frequent Tom and Jerry. I used to like Tom and Jerry, but only after my child was born did I realise how violent it really is.
25. What do you think has changed about you since you were a teenager?
I am more confident now. As a teenager I was completely lost, I think. I don’t remember much, partly because my mom had died in my teenage and my life was a bit of a mess that I have blacked out, but I remember the feeling of discomfort and constant worry from those times.